Tuesday 12 August 2014

Shake it like a polaroid picture

Hey babes, how's everyone's summer? I have just realized I start back at school startlingly soon and I have wasted my holiday spectacularly.

I'm going to try and get into the habit of posting shorter, more regular blog updates, instead of putting it off for weeks and then spewing everything out in one massive post. I think that way I'll force myself into productivity. Hopefully.

I also wanna start doing a lot more ootds, mostly because I like what I wear more now and want to try new things. Here's as summery as it's going to get; warm-ish Edinburgh looks.










got some hella cute earrings, and finally changed my second lobe piercing ones.



  


So, here is the story of this cute old polaroid I got from my gran a couple of weeks ago.

First off, look at this box. 90's chic, am I right?


tulip hair?? bring this back please.




The prints though.



I was telling my gran about how much I loved the excitement of handing in photos to get developed, and showing her a bunch of old cameras I've collected over the years. Off-hand, she mentioned owning a polaroid camera sometime ago, and that was that. 
A few days later, she calls me and says "I found that old camera I was telling you about - it's been sitting in  a box for about 16 years so you can have it if you want."
 Turns out, when I was born she wasn't allowed to see me or mum straight away as I was a cesarean and everyone needed some rest. 
Pissed off she couldn't show photos of me to all her friends, my gran stormed out and bought the first instant camera she saw, used it once, and never touched it again. There's still film in there! I want to get it working again but the battery is dead and I haven't had time to look into it.

This thing is like a dinosaur. Or a transformer.





See? Transformer.



   So now I am in possession of a camera that is nearly exactly as old as I am. I think it's pretty cool.

I have a lot more to do and a ton more pictures to post and stuff to say but I'll leave that for another time. Stay chill, 
-Kit xox


 ^the actual best^



I am so obsessed with this type of music? It's so odd, I feel like I'm regressing through time with my music and camera tastes. Wait till I show you guys this amazing pentax an elderly friend gave me, it's beautiful.


This is just a fantastic song. Everyone needs to have a bit of Rolling Stones in their life. 

1 comment: