Friday 11 July 2014

Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

Hello doves, hope your summer is going well. 
The other day I accidentally pulled an all nighter and it was lovely. I don't really know what happened - I was reading and on tumblr for a bit and then I saw it was half three and thought, well, go big or go home.

 Around four the light started streaming through the curtains and it looked so fresh and clean. Does that make sense? I so badly wanted to go outside but didn't want to wake the house up. My friend and I have arranged to meet up at about three in the morning soon though - there's something being outside when everyone is sleeping that makes you feel incredibly special and calm. No matter the weather the light is so pure and new and you can almost feel it flowing through your veins. 
Coming from someone who easily sleeps till midday during the holidays, this feels weird even from me, but I definitely think getting up incredibly early is very rewarding - even if you crawl back into your bed later.







The other day I also got this cute top from the Topshop 'retro' section, where independent designers upcycle old clothes. I am in love with it and had to show you guys. It's been cropped at the bottom but because it's quite large so hangs just above my belly button - somehow it's still flattering. 



Also, I also got my roll of film developed!! I was worried they would all be ruined as I had thought all the film had been rewound into the canister after I had taken all 24 pictures but it hadn't; and so some of the film got exposed to the light when I opened the back. In the end I lost about ten pictures, including some really gorgeous ones of my friend smoking, but at this point I'm not too fussed as I'm so happy with how these turned out. 











this is probably one of my favourite photos, mainly because of the light flare at the bottom. The colours are so lovely and I love the quality - it's grainy but you can still make out details.









 I'm so chuffed with these and cannot wait to take hundreds more and use all my money and fill up this photobook and experiment with the other cameras I've got.

I'll leave you with this cute cover of No Angels by Bastille & Ella - I really like the original but they do this cover so well.


Lots of love, 
-Kit xox


9 comments:

  1. The photos are brill! Currently carrying a disposable with me wherever I go, but from the random flashes every time I put my bag down, it looks like it's mainly going to white tote bag and physics books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know what you mean - I get so paranoid whenever I put it into my satchel, because it's always full to the brim and stuff always clunks around! One of the cameras I found at the jumble sale had a small leather bag to go with it, and I've just been using that with all my disposables. Any old reinforced small case will do, even a pencil case!

      Delete
  2. I pulled an all nighter at the very beginning of summer, but it wasn't really planned and it was just me and my thoughts because my phone had died and it was so perfect being awake for sunrise, I so wish I had taken pictures, I may need to do it again. Also your pictures are beyond perfect I always fall in love with every single picture you capture. Disposables are my favourite and I've carried mine around with me everywhere I go and I can't wait to get them developed! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! haha yeah, after my all nighter I really wanted to do it straight again but it's taken me a good few days to recuperate - considering I usually sleep eight or nine hours regularly and am constantly tired anyway.
      This is my first proper experience with a non-disposable disposable camera, if that makes any sense. I've used the cameras you take on holiday and throw away when you're done before, but this was a totally new experience for me and it feels so cool putting the film in yourself and getting to know how each camera varies.
      My favourite part is the excitement when I pick them up - I can't wait to see them! I think I'm totally addicted to this now x

      Delete
  3. I love your photos! The ones of people in an orange ring thing? I don't know what it is but the photo looks really nice! Also can we just freak out about how beautiful Edinburgh is for a second? The photos you took of the buildings made me really wish I was back there again ahhh! Also, where did you get that photo album from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I love the photos of my friends in the ring, it was such a lovely day and we had so much fun so I wanted to capture it as best as I could. It was one of the hottest days yet and we hug out in a little kids play park before going harbor jumping, it was great.

      And man, I know, Edinburgh never fails to surprise me! The massive Scott Monument was surrounded by tourists and looked so impressive in the sunlight.
      The picture with the flare at the bottom was actually taken in Glasgow, and despite having lived so near there for so long I had never really been before. It is sooo beautiful, I had no idea - things like that seem to come even more sharply into focus when you are in a completely different environment. If you come to Edinburgh again, you should go on a day trip there! It takes little to no time on the train and the shopping is pretty great too.
      The album is from Paperchase by the way; its great, self adhesive pages and a protective sheet of plastic.

      Delete
    2. I've never properly visited Glasgow which is so stupid because it's not like I'm very far away. I should give it some more love! And yes, you appreciate things so much more when you're not used to seeing them every day. And thanks, I'll need to find an album, I love the idea of having a physical book of photos so much more than having files on a computer.

      Delete
  4. those bedroom photos are so beautiful! The only times I've pulled all nighters are for school which was the opposite of fun. Your photos are amazing! Film is so beautiful but my dad doesn't let me shoot film because he thinks digital is better in every way. Also that nike top aghiuongyiuoangrya so aeigbryaiob gahh. Wish there was a topshop near mee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and gahh, i hate school related all nighters because I get so stressed and upset :( i am so in love with film, and my mum is the same as your dad - she's been a photographer since before digital so when it arrived she couldn't wait to get stuck in as its so much less hassle. I get where she's coming from but I just love having to really think about what you're gunna take a picture of b/c you don't want to waste any precious materials, and I just think you can't reproduce the effect it gives.

      Delete